Thursday, July 30, 2009

Global Warming and Religion Redux.

It was an article I couldn't resist........Global warming is the new religion of First World urban elites from the The Vancouver Sun. It's a story of Australian geologist, Ian Plimer and his arguments against "anthropogenic global warming".
Plimer is the author of six books and 60 academic papers. His latest is entitled "Heaven and Earth -- Global Warming: The Missing Science". In a wikipedia article, Plimer is said to describe man-made global warming as a "fundamentalist religion adopted by urban atheists looking to fill a yawning spiritual gap plaguing the West".

The idea that global warming is more religion than science was something I thought about over two years ago. [Global Warming and Religion]. It's not a new idea. As I mentioned in that earlier post , one can Google the phrase "global warming a religion" (without the quotation marks) and get more than enough information on the subject.

Another thing that interests me about Plimer is that - not only is he a skeptic of anthropogenic global warming - he's a critic of creationism as well.
Plimer isn't afraid to debate creationists; according to the wikipedia article on Plimer, during a debate with creationist Duane Gish, he asked Gish to hold live electrical cables to prove that electromagnetism was 'only a theory'.

I've put Plimer's book on my Amazon.com wish list. Anyone wishing to buy the book for me can send me a note and I'll gladly give you the shipping address.

No comments: