Sunday, January 3, 2016

Post Number 1500



November of this year will be the 10th anniversary of this blog. I haven't always spent as much time writing as I should have; this post will be number 1500. You'd think that in ten years, I would have written more than that. Sadly, no. Some years I've barely averaged 2 posts a week.

2008 was my most productive year - posting almost one every day that year. With 354 posts that year, I managed more in 2008 than 2013, 2014 and 2015 combined.

The 2008 Presidential election had a good deal to do with the high number for that year. That was also the year that I was stalked by my Internet Nemesis. He hasn't shown up to harass me in quite some time. I guess I'm no longer living rent free inside his head.

There was a time when this blog was a vehicle for me to goof on some Nigerian scammers who had sent various spam emails to one or another of my email accounts. I haven't done anything along that line since I retired "Wanda Tuinphro, Lucy Ricardo, Misty Meaner, Fred and Lamont Sanford" in Oct., 2011 with the Capt. Eddie Shields.......Nigerian Scammer series. Such fond memories.

The best part about writing this blog is that it has given me the opportunity to make a few friends in the blogosphere. Two in particular come to mind. Although we've never met face to face (and probably never will) I'd like to believe I'm friends with LarryD of Acts of the Apostasy. I've followed his blog as it's made it's way from Blogspot.com, to WordPress and now to patheos.com.

Another blogger who I hope to call my friend is Dom Cimafranca of Village Idiot Savant and now, 2016.Village Idiot Savant. My family and I have met with Dom and his wife Emily a number of times with they've traveled to Dumaguete. Unfortunately, it's never often enough. It was Dom and Emily who introduced us to what has now become our favorite place to eat in Dumaguete - Gabby's Bistro.

2016 has only just begun and this is already my 5th blog post of the new year. I hope that there will be many more posts to come.

No comments: