Friday, January 1, 2016

Trump vs Clinton - Heaven Help Us.

Other than a hand full of posts - one post mentioning Donald Trump, three posts in the, ummm, aborted Warren/Clinton Slugfest category and a couple of posts in the rather boring Hillary/Bernie Slugfest category - I've not made many comments on the 2016 Presidential election.

What is there to say?

From all appearances, it looks as if Hillary Clinton will be the Democrat Party nominee for POTUS. Things can always change, but I can't see anyone snatching the nomination from her. As Charles Krauthammer rightly points out, "Unless she’s indicted, Hillary Clinton will win the Democratic nomination."

As I write this, Donald Trump is in the lead in the Republican race - although some polls now have Sen. Ted Cruz slightly ahead.

God help the U.S. if this turns into a Trump versus Clinton Slugfest. Neither would be my ideal choice for POTUS, but as much as I dislike Trump, I dislike Hillary even more. The only way I could ever foresee myself supporting Trump would be in a match-up between those two.

It's still early enough in the Republican contest that someone sensible will beat out Donald Trump. If  I had my druthers, the Republican ticket in November 2016 would be Rubio/Fiorina or Fiorina/Rubio - either one as POTUS/VPOTUS would suit me.

For my money, anyone (but Trump) would beat Hillary easily in the general election. I suspect, however that the Republicans will manage to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.

No comments: