Monday, December 18, 2006

Dumaguete Airport: Part 5

Leaving the Dumaguete airport in July 2003 was a very different experience from my two previous flights out.On my first trip I went to the airport alone;on the second trip, I was accompanied only by the lady from Siquijor.
Cathy was different.When she saw me off from the airport,she brought family members and friends.I felt like part of the family.These people care about me.
Most of those people are still in Philippines and we aren't able to see them.Three of our friends from Negros are in the U.S. and we try to get together whenever possible.
This lifestyle of staying close to friends and family is something I cherish in Philippines......it is sadly lacking here in America.I believe it is so alien to the American culture that most don't realize it's missing.

No comments: