Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Peaves

After more than two weeks of insanity, I've run out of ideas for the Heywood series.I'm sure some reading this are saying, "You ran out of good ideas a long time ago".
For the past day or so, out of boredom, I've been hitting the "Next Blog" link at the top of the page and going from random blog to random blog.
For some reason, doing that continually takes me to blogs written in either Spanish or Portuguese with only the occasional English language blog thrown in.I can't judge the blogs I can't read but, I can tell you, most of the ones I come across in English never make to my bookmarks.
I wanted to come up with a list of my own blog rules......I doubt if I'll come up with 10 despite the Moses/10 Commandments jpg you see here.
So far, my top pet peaves regarding blogs are as follows:
1) Stop putting so many You Tube videos on your page.Not everybody has the big, monster, Tim "the Tool-Man" Taylor PC you have. All those vids slow everything down.If you really think we need to see the video (which you didn't create anyway ) just give us a brief description and a link.
2) The same goes for music....for the same reason.
3) Your use of profanity does not make you come across as a rebel, but rather, you come across as someone with a limited vocabulary.
While writing this, I opened a tab to look at a few blogs.I wanted to see if I could come up with a #4 for the list. The first blog I came upon broke rules # 1 and 2 and caused the browser to lock up....almost made me break rule # 3.
I guess I better stop now while I'm ahead.

No comments: