Thursday, July 3, 2008

Obama and the Born Alive Infant Protection Act.

I was surfing for something interesting to read yesterday by clicking on the "next blog" on the blogspot navigator bar. That was how I came across Did I say that outloud? . The writer describes her blog as, "Random ponderings from a free-thinking, God-fearing, grace-filled liberal."

She says in her post-Matthew 25-"It's time the "Christian Left" had a more public voice. Join me and others as we speak the truth that as Christians we are called to feed the hungry, invite in the stranger, clothe the naked, and visit those in prison."

She provides a link for the PAC The Matthew 25 Network .The PAC's site isn't complete,but they do have this statement;

"Catholic, Protestant, Pentecostal and Evangelical—inspired by the Gospel mandate to put our faith into action to care for our neighbor. We believe that people of faith should actively participate in the political process as an important avenue for social change.
We come together as individual believers to support candidates for public office who share the values of the Matthew 25 Network: promoting life with dignity, caring for the least of these, strengthening and supporting families, stewardship of God's Creation, working for peace and justice at home and abroad and promoting the common good."

The PAC claims to be inspired by this:

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat,I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink,I was a stranger and you invited me in,I needed clothes and you clothed me,I was sick and you looked after me,I was in prison and you came to visit me....I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.- Matthew 25:35-40"

As I said in my comment to the blog,
"Certainly, the values expressed in Matthew 25 are commendable and we would do well to model ourselves after those words.However, Mr. Obama - with his support of abortion on command [sic] - does not count the unborn as "the least of these brothers of mine".
This attempt by Obama supporters to link him to the Christian values expressed in Matthew 25 is disgusting beyond words. How can anyone who views the unborn the way Obama does say they are helping "the least of these brothers of mine"?

NARAL supports Obama .......but, if the truth be known Obama is even more pro abortion than NARAL.

In 2002, as an Illinois legislator, Obama voted against the Induced Infant Liability Act, which would have protected babies that survived late-term abortions. The purpose of this law was to prevent doctors from abandoning infants.....the doctors could no longer leave these infants to die,alone, without medical attention.

Speaking against the Act on the IL Senate floor on March 30, 2001, Obama, the sole verbal opponent to the bill stated:

" ... I just want to suggest... that this is probably not going to survive constitutional scrutiny.
Number one, whenever we define a previable fetus as a person that is protected by the equal protection clause or the other elements in the Constitution, what we're really saying is, in fact, that they are persons that are entitled to the kinds of protections that would be provided to a - child, a nine-month-old - child that was delivered to term. That determination then, essentially, if it was accepted by a court, would forbid abortions to take place.
I mean, it - it would essentially bar abortions, because the equal protection clause does not allow somebody to kill a child, and if this is a child, then this would be an antiabortion statute. For that purpose, I think it would probably be found unconstitutional."

Jill Stanek, a nurse who pushed to have the Illinois Induced Infant Liability Act and the Federal Born Alive Infant Protection Act passed testified, "It is not uncommon for a live aborted baby to linger for an hour or two or even longer. At Christ Hospital one of these babies lived for almost an entire eight-hour shift".

Obama's support for abortion is so extreme that he even supports infanticide.

sources:
Obama Blocked Born Alive Infant Protection Act
Testimony of Jill Stanek
Obama More Pro-Choice Than NARAL
Deal Hudson: Obama and Infanticide?
Top 10 reasons Obama voted against the Illinois Born Alive Infant Protection Act
New PAC Seeks to Court Christians for Obama
matthew25 network
Did I say that outloud?
Matthew Chapter 25 nccbuscc.org

Link:
Sorry,all the clever names are taken.: Matthew 25,Obama and Abortion.

No comments: