Monday, October 26, 2009

Pasko Na!

We're a bit late putting up our Christmas decorations.

Late? Why it's not even Halloween yet and you shouldn't decorate the house and put up a tree until Thanksgiving.

Anyone who agrees with that last statement is, obviously, not married to a Filipina. As it was once explained to me, in Philippines, you start celebrating Christmas when the "ber" is here. What's the "ber", you ask? You know, September, October, November, December.......

On one of the most popular TV programs in Philippines, Wowowee, they are already singing "Pasko Na !" (it's Christmas!).

This past Saturday, my wife put on a CD of Christmas music for us to enjoy.
It's only started.

So far, I've been able to maintain the family tradition of not putting up the tree until the Friday after Thanksgiving.I don't know how much longer I'll be able to hold out.

This particular video is from 2008, but it, never-the-less, represents what's being shown now.

No comments: