Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Review.

A few years back, when I first took to blogging, I was persuaded that one way to attract significant Internet traffic to my blog was to register with a number of blog directories.
Over time, I've come to realize that the value of these directories is over-rated. I may have received a bit of traffic from one or two, but not enough to really matter in the scheme of things. I rarely go to the directories to search for new blogs, and I imagine that very few others do.

I was surprised when I recently received an email from BlogCatalog informing me that a review of this blog had been posted on their website.
The reviewer, Adam H Klein, does not, I'm sorry to say, think too highly of what I have to say. Here is his review:

Right-wing Republican stuff.
Opinion. Dearth of fact. Bad logic and unjustified conclusions. Not much to read here that I can't read about elsewhere.
Gets an "E" for effort though. The stuff about donating blood was very pithy. Unfortunately, older posts fail.


Mr. Klein is, of course, entitled to his opinion. I won't attempt to defend my blog. It is what it is...one either likes it or not.

Human nature being what it is, I could not resist following the link to Mr. Klein's profile and taking a look at his work. Two blogs are listed on Blog Catalog; the equanimist and dog meat home companion.

I'm not going to review either of Mr. Klein's blogs. A bad review from me would appear to be nothing but sour grapes. I would like to encourage anyone reading this post to drop over to the equanimist and dog meat home companion and judge for themselves.

No comments: