Sunday, November 14, 2010

Will Oklahoma City OK the LFL?

OK, I admit it; I am not a fan of professional football. I have no interest in watching millionaires play ball.

I will, on occasion, watch college football - particularly if I think there's a chance I can see Alabama getting beat.

Being unfamiliar with "the Super Bowl halftime alternative television special called the Lingerie Bowl" , I was totally unaware of the Lingerie Football League (LFL) until I came across a news story telling how Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett was against the idea of the league bringing a franchise to his city. Now,in typical political fashion, Cornett says, “I just said I was against it. I never said that I wouldn't allow it.”

The league hopes to expand to Oklahoma City in time for the 2011 season.

LFL spokesman Stephon McMillen said, "We find it interesting that satanic worship at the Civic Center and cheerleaders wearing far less than our athletes is moral, but LFL is not.”

After a bit of web searching, I found a few clips of LFL games on MTV2 . I've always felt that my post are more interesting with visuals, so I'm including a screenshot from one of the videos; it wasn't easy deciding which screenshot to use.

Sure, the game was interesting....I just can't remember the final score or which team won.


1 comment:

Al said...

The uniforms(?) & helmits remind me more of those worn by Roller Derby teams than football teams.
Beyond that, I may have to talk to Father before Mass this morning about this "near occasion of sin".
:)