Monday, January 24, 2011

Two New Books.

Our Parish is giving away copies of Confessions of a Mega Church Pastor by Allen Hunt and Rediscover Catholicism by Matthew Kelly.

Managed to finish Hunt's book rather quickly. Not having heard of Hunt before now, I found his conversion story very interesting. The book lead me to Hunt's radio show WSB in Atlanta. As much as I enjoyed his book, I find him a better radio talk show host than writer.

I'll get into Kelly's book next.

We were asked at Mass to give our copies to fallen away Catholics after we read them. Not sure who I could give them to......I know one or two folks who need to read the books, but that doesn't mean they would.

Oh yeah; in his book, Hunt recommends The Incorruptibles by Joan Carrol Cruz - which I've read and recommend as well - and John Paul The Great by Peggy Noonan - which I've just ordered in Hardcover for $0.92 - and Jesus Shock which I've put on my wish list.

No comments: