Friday, November 18, 2011

SHOCK POLL IOWA.

The headline on Drudge was certainly provocative; "SHOCK POLL IOWA: GINGRICH 32% ROMNEY 19% CAIN 13% ."

The headline linked to a Rasmussen report which stated that today, November 17, 2011, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich is leading among caucus-goers in Iowa.

The 2012 Iowa Caucuses are scheduled to take place on January 3; it's still much too early to predict who will eventually come out on top. Gingrich may be ahead now, but Cain was the top dog in October while Perry was the leader in September. It was just August when Michele Bachmann was tied with Romney for first place in Iowa. Has anybody even mentioned Michele Bachmann lately?

I still haven't decided who'll get my vote in the March 6 Georgia primary. Matt Archbold of Creative Minority Report isn't a Gingrich fan, though I don't share Matt's opinion of Newt. Mark Shea wrote a convincing article praising Ron Paul. Unfortunately, Shea is so anti-Romney that he might as well vote for Obama - that will be the end result of his decision to vote for a third party candidate over Romney should Mitt become the Republican presidential candidate. (Mr. Shea isn't a fan of Newt, either, by the way.)

I had pretty much given up on Herman Cain until I read something Ann Coulter had to say about the "sexual harassment scandal". As this piece shows, Ann doesn't care much for Newt either.....she's more a Romney girl.

In an email I received today, HumanEvents asked "Which Candidate Can Beat Obama?" but their survey/poll gave only 3 choices: Mitt Romney, Rick Perry and Herman Cain. No mention of Gingrich. Is HumanEvents behind the times? (That particular survey/poll has Cain as the top pick......go figure.)



I can't see the Republicans picking anyone as horrible as their 2008 candidate, John McCain. I really can't believe they forced me to vote for that loser. While I can't say who will get my vote in the primary, we know my vote in November will be for anybody but Obama. Let's hope this time, the Republicans don't make me hold my nose when I cast my vote.

1 comment:

Al said...

Ron Paul still has a pretty big following that seems to be getting missed.
That having been said, it is 6 weeks from tommorrow until the actual caucuses. & anything can happen. IMHO everything is still completely wide open for now barring anything unforeseen.