Friday, January 30, 2015

Stevie Wonder's Odd Statements.

I was not in the least bit surprised when I read that Stevie Wonder recently opined that opposition to President Obama and his policies are "because of hatred towards him because of his skin color".

Wonder's support of Obama is based on the color of his skin, so naturally, he would believe any opposition to Obama comes from racism as well.

However, I was surprised by one comment attributed to Stevie Wonder in his eulogy at AndraƩ Crouch's funeral.

"Yes, I truly believe in freedom of speech, I really really do believe in that," he said. "But I think if we don’t put some limits to us being able to give praise to that one that we hold sacred, we got a problem."

I've read and re-read that comment several times, and I can't figure out just exactly what Wonder is trying to say.

Is he saying we should put some limits to us being able to give praise to God? That's how it comes across to me, but I can't get my head around whatever point Wonder is trying to make.

No comments: