Friday, April 29, 2016

My 2016 Election Predictions

I'm going out on a limb. Despite my horrible record on predicting U.S. Presidential elections, (in 2007 I predicted Mitt Romney would be elected POTUS in 2008) I'm going to give my predictions now for the 2016 election.

Hillary Clinton will become the Democrat nominee, Trump the Republican.

Secretary Clinton has incredibly high "negatives" but will win the election simply because more Americans hate Trump than hate her. 2016 will be the ultimate "hold your nose while you vote" election.

As I write this, I have no idea who Clinton will chose as her VP running mate. I hope he/she is a good one.......the FBI report on her activities will force Congress to impeach Clinton. Not only will Hillary be the first female POTUS, but she will be the first POTUS to have matching impeachments with her former POTUS husband.

Because Hillary was elected on an anti-Trump referendum, there will be little sympathy for her - leastwise not enough to prevent an indictment and impeachment.

My prediction - Hillary will be elected POTUS in 2016, but will not finish her first and only term.

No comments: