Friday, April 29, 2016

Cruz and Fiorina


Trump, reacting to news that Sen.Ted Cruz has already chosen Carly Fiorina as his vice presidential running mate, should he win the nomination, called Cruz's move "desperate".

Obviously, Cruz is hoping to stop Trump's momentum. The Senator has no chance, mathematically, of reaching the magical 1237 delegates needed to clinch the Republican nomination on a first ballot. His only hope is to prevent Trump from reaching that number himself and perhaps his VP pick will help Cruz pick up delegates in Indiana.

Earlier this year, I wrote that my choice, at the time, would be a Rubio/Fiorina ticket. Obviously, that won't happen, so I suppose a Cruz/Fiorina ticket is the best I can hope for. Personally, I believe Cruz made the right choice. Of course, not everyone agrees with me. I'm probably in a distinct minority.

I enjoy reading Michelle Malkin, but unfortunately, I haven't been following her lately. I suppose that's why it comes as a surprise to me that Malkin doesn't agree with the Fiorina pick. Malikin writes that Fiorina raises 11 red flags.

It was not at all surprising that a Cruz/Fiorina campaign would upset the crazies at Planned Parenthood but to Tweet that Cruz and Fiorina are ".....comin' for your uterus" is a bit over the top.

No comments: