Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The Bridge

Waiting for rain isn't the only thing here that is like waiting for Godot. Waiting for a bridge to be repaired can be like that as well.

I first mentioned this bridge repair in a post from March 24. I don't recall exactly when the work began, but I think it may have been at least 3 or 4 weeks prior to that particular post.

Earlier today, our water was cut off temporarily because of work being done at the bridge site. The water is back on, but the outage prompted me to walk to the bridge to check the progress, or lack there of, regarding the repairs. The men were all busy working at that time, but when I returned later with my camera, there was no one about.

It was between noon and one o'clock when I returned with the camera, so they may have been at lunch. Then again, as I mentioned in my post from this morning, the temperature is expected to reach a high of 34 Celsius with a "RealFeel" of 45. Perhaps the powers that be are sympathetic to the workers and will not work them in such temperatures. After all, only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the mid-day sun.

You can be sure of one thing, if they are allowed a siesta, it's not with pay.






No comments: