Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Mango Shake from Gabby's Bistro - on Rovira Dr.

There are three Gabby's located in Dumaguete; one, in Brgy. Daro, a second one on Rizal Blvd. and third, which I visited today, on E. Rovira Dr.

I reviewed the the mango shakes from the Gabby's on the blvd. and attempted to review the mango shakes from the Daro location. Today, I purchased a mango shake from the Gabby's Bistro on Rovira.

Had I tried this shake before getting a mango shake from Panda's Ice Cream Haus, I would have called this one a thick shake. However, being made with milk and not ice cream, this Gabby's shake can't compare in creamy thickness. The taste was nice. The slightly tangy taste of the mango gave the milk based shake a bit of a yogurt flavor.

Like the shakes at the other Gabby's this one cost 75 pesos. Again, if I'm comparing this shake with Panda's, I'd have to give the Mango Fruit Shake from Panda's the prize.

I once called the mango shakes at Gabby's the sine qua non of mango shakes. I no longer feel that way. Although delicious, the Gabby's mango shakes have met their match.




No comments: