Sunday, December 15, 2019

Recommendation - Wagner, the Wehr-Wolf

As I mentioned in in an earlier post, I had taken to my Kindle to catch up on my reading while my PC was out of sorts. One of the novels I read during that time was The Benson Murder Case , the first of the Philio Vance series by S. S. Van Dine.

In the novel, when the murdered Benson was discovered, he was found with a book in his hand. Just prior to being shot, the dead man had been reading a book of short stories by O. Henry - namely Strictly Business- the dead man had his fingers marking the story - 
A Municipal Report.


In 2015 two of O. Henry's books of short stories made my list of books read that year, but Strictly Business wasn't on the list. Naturally, I downloaded the book from Project Gutenberg and uploaded to my Kindle.

In different stories, O. Henry mentions 2 writers - George W. M. Reynolds and William Clark Russell. I'm currently reading Reynolds' Wagner, the Wehr-Wolf.

An interesting read.

No comments: