Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Ash Wednesday.

I took a vacation day from work today.
I want to attend Mass with my wife today; I could have gone without her at noon and gone on in to work this evening, but I wanted to attend the Ash Wednesday Mass as a family.
I actually look forward to Lent......I feel enlivened by the sacrifices and penance.
I'd like to continue the meatless Fridays after Easter. I only recently learned that we're still required to do penance on every Friday of the year.....the easing of the "no meat on Friday" regulation did not eliminate the penitential requirement. If we're going to eat meat on Friday, we are supposed to do a different penance in place of it.

I'll strive to do the Rosary every evening before bed and if the church's schedule allows it, Communion every day during Lent.