Monday, June 2, 2008

Godzilla Stows Away Aboard the Ark.

A few weeks back, I found myself involved in a series of email exchanges debating "Intelligent Design". Some of my thoughts on that issue appear in blog entries [His Noodly Appendage?-The Matsya Avatar and the Flood.].

The guy debating me on this was using the Institute for Creation Research (ICR) and their web site -http://www.icr.org/ - to back up his opinion. Even though this individual is Catholic, he is, unfortunately, too heavily influenced by this Fundamentalist Protestant garbage. The ICR is simply interested in proving the literal interpretation of the Book Of Genesis as "scientific" fact.

Needless to say, they dismiss evolution and the Big Bang and believe in a "young Earth" theory. To them, the age of our planet (and the universe) can be measured in thousands of years....not million or billions.

I wasn't intending to post anything else about this, until, that is, I received something in the mail from the ICR. It seems the guy I was debating took it upon himself to put me on the ICR mailing list and set me up to receive their free magazine.

I'm not happy about that.

Had I wanted to read any of their drivel I could have gone to the web site myself and requested it.....I don't appreciate someone else doing it without my permission.

No comments: