Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Best of Times - Worst of Times


No, this is not a review of Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities , but rather a review of my walk this morning.

Last Thursday, I changed the route of my daily walk. I'm now walking from our apartment to the National Highway - a distance of 1.7 km (1.05 mile) one way. I've taken to measuring the time it takes for the walk there and back.

While walking to the highway, I felt as if I was not doing as well as I have been. I couldn't seem to be able to pick up the pace - probably due to my having stayed up late watching Twin Peaks last night. Upon reaching the highway, I checked the time - 17:59. That's the slowest time since my first timed walk last Thursday. Still a respectable 3.5 MPH, but I'm trying to get faster, not slower.

I reset the stopwatch and began the return walk. This time, my speed had improved. The time was 17:06 for a speed of 3.68 MPH - my fastest speed since I've been measuring it.

No comments: