Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Books at Week 32

According to my 2016 Book List, I read 36 books last year - one less than the the 37 read in 2015.

Calculating the number of weeks using www.epochconverter.com, this is week #32 of 2017; so far, I've read 29 books this year. There's no question, the number of books I will read in 2017 will far surpass the total number read for every year since I've been making my annual book lists. If I hadn't wasted precious time reading Noli Me Tángere, I'd probably have at least 32 books read by now.

I've just finished reading two more novels by Elizabeth von Arnim, The Pastor's Wife and Christopher and Columbus. Like everything else I've read by von Arnim (I've read nine of her books this year), I highly recommend both these two novels.

In an earlier post, I mentioned my having located copies of C.S. Lewis' Space Trilogy in pdf format, which I've converted to mobi and uploaded onto my Kindle. I began reading the first book in the trilogy last night. I've only just begun, but so far, so good.

No comments: