Thursday, August 2, 2007

Baptist pastor charged with indecent exposure

I had never heard of Tommy Tester prior to my receiving an email with a link to an article about his recent arrest.

From time to time I will post entries in this blog which are spoofs or satire and completely the product of my imagination. That is not the case with this entry, however.To the best of my knowledge, the story is true.I'm including a link to the story as told by timesnews.net.

Here is the short version of the story:

Tester is a Christian radio station employee and Bristol Virginia, Baptist pastor who has been charged with indecent exposure as well as DUI and violation of the open container law.

Tester allegedly pulled up in a blue 2007 Toyota Camry and offered to give Johnson City Tennessee police officers oral sex when they arrived at 308 S. Belmont Street to investigate a report of indecent exposure.
Tester, allegedly wearing a skirt, then reportedly got out of his car at the Belmont Car Wash and urinated in a wash bay in public view with children present.
A search of Tester’s vehicle reportedly revealed a half-empty pint-sized bottle of vodka and an empty bottle of Oxycodone in the passenger floorboard.

So, what are we to make of all this? This is truly bizarre behavior , brought on, in part I'm sure, by Mr. Tester's addiction to alcohol and Oxycodone. He obviously suppressed whatever homosexual tendencies he had but under the influence of the drugs could no longer keep his problems under control.

When I first read the story, I almost wanted to laugh, but the more I read and the more I thought about how I should blog this , the sadder I became.
It's been reported that members of the congregation at Gospel Baptist Church on Reedy Creek Road where he is pastor have rallied behind him with their support.I'm not so sure that radio station WZAP-AM 690's owner, Al Morris will be so generous.

1 comment:

Olga said...

so sad. i can just imagine how hellish his life must be.

my brother's gay. he's happier now that it's out.