Monday, August 13, 2007

Meet Ann Smith...Part 2

As promised in Part 1, I've uploaded the photo sent to me by a scammer claiming to be Ann Smith, an 18 year old Nigerian girl.Rather than write out the story, I will simply paste the email exchanges as they are now.The emails sent from "Blaise" and "Lucy" are the ones I sent to "Ann". I have no idea what will happen next.

Fri Aug 3, 2007
Dear Sir
I am 18 years old Girl .I am contacting you after my long search on the internet.I lost my parents On the 27th of January 2003 in the Ikeja bomb blast here in my country.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/2698081.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/2718295.stm
but before the death of my parents,my father Late Ugo Smith deposited the sum of $6.5 MILLION with a Bank.The Bank has refused to release the fund to me,with reason that until i am 25years and above.
I have no uncle or Aunty to claim this money for me. Only my father's personal lawyer wants to claim this fund behind me but the Bank has refused and identified me as the next of kin and said they will only release the money to whoever I pick as the next of kin.
I need someone who will be ready to claim this fund and also be responsible in taking me out of Nigeria to further my studies until I am old enough to manage myself, because of the evil people in this country. I have the certificate of deposit with the Bank and death certificate of my father to enable you claim this fund. Upon your willingness to assist me, I will give you more information to reach the Bank.
please be kind enough to assist me, I promise not to disapiont you. This is my life story give it a consideration and assist me please.
I await your urgent response.
Thanks and God Bless you.
Ann Smith.

Mon Aug 6, 2007
Dear Ann,
I hope I can help you.
You must understand that we must be careful dealing with people on the Internet.
Can you sent a copy of your photo ID si I will know you are who you claim to be.
Thank you.

I have discovered that all human evil comes from this, man's being unable to sit still in a room.
Blaise Pascal
French mathematician, physicist (1623 - 1662)

Mon Aug 6,2007
Dear Blaise,
Thanks for your response to my email however, I don't know who you are and have not met you in person before, my hope and confidence is in your credibility for this assignment is only in the hands of God, you should not betray the confidence that is reposed on you as God himself will always be there to reward you abundantly for your good work please, as I told you in my first email due to my age which, will not be in the position to prosecute this assignment at this time.
However, I will be highly grateful if you can furnish me with your handy telephone number so that I can tell you the next step and also feed you with other information for the success of this transaction. I wish to let you know that as soon as the money is transferred into your bank account, Then I will quickly prepare for my visa, then after that I will come down to your country so that you can direct me on what I will do because you know more than me and also know what I will use the money for so that it will help me in future since my father is no longer alive.
I am entrusting my life in your hands, I pray the Almighty God will guide you throughout this endeavor, I don't want to ask for any assurance from you because I know God himself is the rewards of those who diligently seek him.
Meanwhile, I will appreciate to have your cell phone number. Below is my attached photograph and I also want you to send me yours for record purpose please.
Regards
Miss. Ann Smith.

Fri Aug 10, 2007
Dear Blaise Pascal,
I am still waiting to hear from you.
Thank.
Ann Smith.

Fri Aug 10, 2007
Dear Ann,
I am sorry that I have not replied your last email.
I have been very sick these past few days.....I am still not in best of health.
I will write to you soon when I am fully recovered.
Blaise Pascal

Fri Aug 10, 2007
Dear Ann,
My name is Mrs. Lucy Ricardo. I am the personal assistant to Mr Blaise Pascal. As I am sure you know,Mr Pascal took ill a few days ago with a very serious disease.He appeared to have recovered but has since taken a turn for the worse.He is presently in a coma and the doctors do not expect him to live much longer.
I am sure you are greatly disturbed to learn of this, but I must tell you of Mr Pascal's plan for you.
As his trusted assistant he told me that you were in need of his help and should anything happen to him, I should contact you right away and help you in any way possible.
I do not have access to Mr Pascal's email so I do not know the nature of you email exchanges. If I am to help me as Mr Pascal wishes I need you to send an email to me explaining your problem.
I am willing to follow his wishes but you must tell me the situation.
Yours,
Mrs Lucy Ricardo

Fri Aug 10, 2007
Lucy Ricardo
What a sad news; I have to be praying for his recovery and definitely God will heal him. With regards to your email I would appreciate to be updated from Mr. Pascal before I cam move on with you because I have every confidence that he is not going to betray me when the funds must have been transferred to his account, but that is not to say that you are bad.
Though, I am also going to write Mr. Pascal as well with regards to above-mentioned development and will have to get an answer from him before I continue with you.
Ms. Ann Smith.

Sat Aug 11, 2007
Dear Ann,
You can send an email to his address and you will see for yourself that he cannot reply.
I will await another email from you.
Lucy Ricardo

Sat Aug 11, 2007
Dear Blaise Pascal,
Your email of yesterday was received concerning the state of your health, which I know God must surely recuperate you, but I was also surprised and sad to have received another email from one Mrs. Lucy Ricardo that seems to be confirming herself to me as your personal assistant that the situation is worsening perhaps, I am not comfortable with her correspondence without your permission to carry on with her irrespective of being your PA.
However, I will want you to write me in details explaining what must have transpired between you and your PA if I should move on with her.
Remain blessed in God,
Ms. Ann Smith.

Sat Aug 11, 2007
Dear Mrs. Lucy Ricardo
Thanks for your email with the content noted.
I wonder if you can explain to me in a written details of how you come across my email address since you stated in your previous email that you were unable to access Mr. Pascal’s email account due to his state of health though, I am not really trying to doubt you, but I want to be and comfortable sure of whom am dealing as well as your credibility to handle the transaction.
I am going to send you the details of how we can achieve this success upon receipt of your response to this email. Meanwhile, I have related this information to the attorney that agreed to assist us and he requested that I should inform you to send down your cell phone number to enable him discus with you on the phone.
Ms. Ann Smith.

Sat Aug 11, 2007
Ms. Smith,
As I told you, I am Mr. Pascal's personal assistant. Before he went into the coma, he told me a bit about you and he was able to write down your email address.
I do not have the password to his private email account so I do not have access to any exchange the two of you may have had.
I understand your uneasiness. I am only doing as I was instructed by my employer.
You can reach me via Mr. Pascal's cellphone number.
Thank you,
Lucy Ricardo

Sun Aug 12, 2007
Dear Ms.Smith,
It was Mr. Pascal's wish that I help you in any way possible. However,you have not provided me with the information I need to help you. I do not even know what your problem is.
You have not sent the information to me via email........
I asked you to call me on Mr. Pascal's cell phone number but you have not done that either.
I am trying to do as my employer asked of me but you are not cooperating.
Lucy

Sun Aug 12, 2007
Dear Lucy Ricardo,
I am in receipt of your email meanwhile, I would want you to re-confirm Mr. Pascal's cellphone number so that the lawyer can communicate you with it for a proper explanation of the details of the transaction.
Ms. Ann Smith.

Sun Aug 12, 2007
My Dear Ms. Smith,
It is with great sadness that I tell you that the Doctors say Mr. Pascal's condition is getting worse.
I have been spending all my time in his hospital room.I am told that cellphones are not allowed in the hospital so I have kept Mr Pascal's cellphone in his office.Perhaps that is why you and your lawyer could not reach.
Please call me at his hospital room land-line phone.
Mr. Pascal is in Keio Univ. Hospital in Tokyo.
the Hospital number is 03-3353-1211
The operator will connect you to the room.
Thank you,
Lucy

Sun Aug 12, 2007
Dear Lucy Ricardo,
I have sent the phone number to the lawyer to enable him call you on phone for more talks on the way forward to actualize the business.
Ms. Ann Smith

Mon Aug 13, 2007
Dear Lucy Ricardo
The lawyer have called the given phone of the hospital, but the receptionist could not allow him access because he could not provide the extension and room numbers I wonder if you can confirm the extension and room number as soon as possible so that he can call you again or if possible you can send down your own personal phone number which, I know will be better.
Ms. Ann Smith

Mon Aug 13, 2007
Dear Ann,
I am so sorry that I did not send the room number with the hospital number. I am under a great deal of stress because of Mr. Pascal's condition.
I am staying at his bedside the whole time.....I only leave when I am in need of a bath or when I come to use the Internet to contact Mr.Pascal's family in the UK.
I cannot bring my personal cellphone into the hospital so I will just give you the proper extension.
Mr Pascal is in the Intensive Care Unit ( ICU )
The ext is ICU 812
Awaiting your call
Lucy.

1 comment:

Dom Cimafranca said...

Oh, boy! Some real laugh out loud moments there, Robert.

Get well soon, Mr. Pascal!

Oh, Lu-uuuuuuucy!