Saturday, September 27, 2008

Obama / Palin ?

Tuesday, when I posted Biden out - Hillary in? I had no idea that post would generate some much traffic for this blog.
As I mentioned in that post, a friend had sent a copy of an email that had been sent to him and he wanted my 2 cents' worth on the whole thing. Here' the email:

"Let me share some info with you that I have gotten from excellent sources within the DNC: On or about October 5th, Biden will excuse himself from the ticket, citing health problems, and he will be replaced by Hillary. This is timed to occur after the VP debate on 10/2. There have been talks all weekend about how to proceed with this info. generally, the feeling is that we should all go ahead and get it> out there to as many blog sites and personal email lists as is possible. I have already seen a few short blurbs about this - the 'healthproblem' cited in those articles was aneurysm. Probably many of you have heard the same rumblings. However, at this point, with this inside info from the DNC, it looks like this Obama strategy will be a go. Therefore, it seems that the best strategy is to get out in front of this Obama maneuver, spell it out in detail, and thereby expose it for the grand manipulation that it is. So, let's start mixing this one up and cut the Obamites off at the pass - send this info out to as many people as you can - post about it on websites and blogs - etc etc"

First thing I did when I decided to blog this was to do a Google search on the story. I found this:

Joe Biden's Health -part deaux.
My linking to this blog was, basically, an afterthought.
Linking to coastalcompanion has turned out to be.....well, amazing. According to Google Analytics, my hits have gone thru the roof; all because of the traffic that has come my way via the "Links to this Post".

But, more to the point.
Evidently, quite a few people have been getting emails on this particular rumor. I don't know if there was ever really any substance behind it, but my belief is that the rumor probably isn't true.
I doubt is the individual State ballot laws would allow the last minute substitution of Hillary for Biden.
Let's image, for a minute, though, that the Dems do the switch. Some States ( like my home state of Georgia ) have already begun advanced voting. I'm sure that a few a those advanced voters choose the Obama / Biden ticket. Fast forward to November. I can't believe that those votes that were already cast for Biden would automatically transfer to Hillary.
Let's suppose, Obama wins the election.....barely. If some voters choose Hillary and some choose Biden, then it's quite possible that Palin would receive more votes than either.
Would that mean Obama as POTUS and Palin as VPOTUS ?
How about this as an Internet rumor?

No comments: