Thursday, September 25, 2008

Trust, but Verify ?

People who've been reading this blog for any length of time know of my earlier attempts at having a laugh with (at) email scammers. Anyone not familiar with my previous antics can click on the scammers label to get up to speed.
Sometimes, these 'scam the scammer' adventures can go on for weeks....sometimes they only last a few email exchanges. It's hard to predict how long I can string along any particular scammer.
I'm exchanging emails with a scammer now, but I don't want to go into too many details until it's gone it's course. You never know; if I post the emails while the events are current, there is always a chance that someone reading the posts will contact the scammer via email and let the cat out of the bag.
I'm only mentioning this now because of this little bit of irony; whenever I send a reply to this particular scammer, Yahoo requires that I first do character verification to prove I am not a spammer. I couldn't resist getting a screen shot from my last reply.
I hope I can have sometime on this scam next week. Until then, I'll just carry on, blogging on whatever takes my fancy for that day.

No comments: