Saturday, March 17, 2012

Basket Case.

I learned from following links on Pew Sitter.com that Rev. Michael Pfleger has launched a campaign against retailers - such as K-Mart, Walgreen's, Toys R Us and, of course, Walmart, that are selling pre-packaged Easter baskets that include water pistols and Nerf Guns.

I have to say, I find it quite odd that anyone would think to include a toy gun in an Easter basket. Somehow, I can't see the connection between toy guns and the celebration of Christ's Resurrection. I don't have a problem with someone confronting retailers over this; but.........

I've never quite seen the point of Easter baskets. Easter eggs? Chocolate bunnies?
More pagan than Christian, if you ask me.

Pfleger might be more effective trying to convince the good people at St. Sabina Catholic Church to simply stop buying Easter baskets. Period.

Links to the story at Chicago Sun Times [1 and 2] lead me to two photos of Fr. Pfleger posing with a few of the evil baskets. In the photos, Pfleger put on such a pitiful face. I know he couldn't very well smile posing with the baskets, but he looks absolutely laughable in both the photos.

No comments: