Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Balikbayan Boxes.

Knowing we'd be traveling to Dumaguete next week, we shipped two balikbayan boxes on ahead. To the best of my recollectio, the boxes were sent in March. We received word from one of my wife's sisters that the boxes have already arrived.

Good. I was beginning to get worried that they might not get there in time. I don't actually know what's in the boxes, with the exception of two items. One is a deluxe air mattress. Anyone who has spend the night anywhere in the country knows why this was included. The second item on my list was a copy of a book I want to give to a friend there. I'm not exactly sure why I decided to include this in the balikbayan boxes rather than my carry-on baggage. After all, there was no reason why I shouldn't carry in with me, and besides, sending it the way I did, it might not have arrived by the time I was in the country.

All's well that ends well, I suppose.

The book?

 No Reason for Murder,  by Ayako Sono.

No comments: