Saturday, January 6, 2018

Farewell, VIS


After nearly fifteen years of blogging, my friend Dom Cimafranca has put an end to his blog Village Idiot Savant. I've seen the end coming, but that does not make it any easier. Where once he would post frequently, for the past year - or longer - he has posted less than once a month.

In his final post, Dom writes that blogging is dead and social media killed it. Perhaps. I know that I don't post with the frequency I once did, but I put the blame for that on my own laziness.

I know that I am not the writer that Dom is and his blog has been, over the years, an inspiration to me. It has been difficult doing without his updates, and it will be more difficult knowing that I won't be able to read his thoughts in the future.

One consolation is that he and I have become friends and we exchange emails from time to time. He and his wife do, on occasion make it to Dumaguete and my wife and I enjoy their company when they are here.

I'm saddened by the thought he will no longer be a blogger. The blogosphere - such as it is in 2018 - will feel the loss.

No comments: