Saturday, January 27, 2018

Further Modifications to the New Work Out Routine

Last Saturday, I wrote a post describing the first week of my new work out routine. Now, two weeks into the new routine, I want to give another update.

As I first wrote in a post from Jan. 11, I've changed my dumbbell work out from a for day a week push/pull program to a three day a week work out. This is allowing me to have much needed rest between dumbbell routines. I've noticed this week that I've made improvements with all the dumbbell exercises - more reps per set, and with some exercises, an increase in weight.

In an attempt to wake up without caffeine, I've begun doing the classic yoga Sun Salutations six days a week. I've been doing a bit more yoga on my dumbbell off days. This hasn't been easy. It's been quite a long time since I did a full blown yoga routine and it's difficult maintaining proper form. I am, however making some progress.

By the end of this week, I've added the Warrior I pose to the Sun Salutations. Just before going on to my ab work out this morning, I began a sequence doing Warrior I and Warrior II poses. My goal is to do an advanced Warrior sequence on Tuesdays, Thursday and Saturdays. Mon that plan at another time.

No comments: