Sunday, May 20, 2018

My Last Photos


The photos in this post are the last photos taken with my digital camera. As a matter of fact, the first photo displayed here is the very last photo taken. It is given the name IMG_0838.JPG, and was taken on May 6, 2018. It is a view of the southern point of Cebu island as seen from Our Lady's Garden in Sibulan, Negros Oriental.

For several months, I have been looking for a back-up memory card for my camera. Unfortunately, I've been unable to find one in Dumaguete. Recently, friends from the United States were visiting, and I had considered asking if they could purchase a memory card for me in the States, but because I didn't actually need one at the time, I failed to ask.

On the day these photos were taken, I removed the memory card, as usual, to upload onto my PC. After uploading the photos, I somehow managed to damage the memory card. It is no longer of any use.

Of course, now I'm regretting not having asked my friend to bring a spare memory card.

After searching the Internet, I found a memory card available on an online store in Philippines. I thought the price a bit high, but I saw no other option. I ordered the card COD - for a total cost of 528 pesos.

A few days after ordering the card from Lazada, I came upon a similar memory card at a photo shop in Dumaguete - selling for over 800 pesos.

Sadly, 12 days after receiving an email telling me my item was shipped, it hasn't arrived. As I write this, I am chatting with someone with Lazada customer service. Like my son, his name is given as John Paul-S. John Paul tells me my package will arrive on or before May 22. We'll see how that works out.










No comments: