Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Comment on the Blog Readability Test.

blog readability test

TV Reviews

Reading Dom's blog, villageidiotsavant lead me to a blog called caffeinesparks and this post... blog-readability. That post lead me to a website that judges a blog's "readability".....that is, on what level of education is needed by a reader to understand a blog.
If I put the url for this blog, I managed to get a High School reading level, but if I put in the url for individual posts - http://sorryalltheclevernamesaretaken.blogspot.com/2008/07/food-for-thought.html or http://sorryalltheclevernamesaretaken.blogspot.com/2008/07/dubai-detains-79-forstupidity.html for example - I get the coveted genius reading level.
There seems to be a flaw, of sorts, with the site's testing. Why else would there be a difference?
Caffeinesparks writer laments that another blog, restyo.blogspot only receives the High School award as well. However, if you check individual posts, like I did with mine, resty's blog gets the genius award too.
I wouldn't put too much stock in the test's results; if you read the two examples from my blog, you'll see you hardly need be a genius to understand what I write.

No comments: