Sunday, September 11, 2011

Anger and Forgiveness.

On Monday, Sept.05 I posted a a link to a sermon given by Fr. Robert Barron. I actually posted this link for a particular person. Thanks to Google Analytics, I know this person visits my blog from time to time on his iPod.

No need to provide so many details to those who have no idea who or what I'm referring to. In that same vein, I'm posting today a link to Fr Barrons sermon for Sept. 11, 2011 on - Anger and Forgiveness. Again, although this valuable lesson can pertain to each one of us, I'm posting the link with one person in mind.

Today's first reading during Mass comes from Sirach :
Wrath and anger are hateful things, yet the sinner hugs them tight.

Are you going to hug your wrath and anger forever?

Even if you believe I am the guilty party, you might consider today's Gospel reading from Matthew which has this -

"Then Peter approaching asked him, 'Lord, if my brother sins against me, how often must I forgive him? As many as seven times?'
Jesus answered, 'I say to you, not seven times but seventy-seven times........'
"

This argument has gone on for far too long. The hatchet should have been buried ages ago.

No comments: