Monday, July 17, 2017

Trying to Get Back On Track

More than a month ago, I had just finished reading four novels by H.G. Wells and began reading Noli Me Tángere by José Rizal as translated by Charles Derbyshire. At that time, I was well in line to read 52 books this year. I was two or three books ahead of schedule, as a matter of fact. That schedule fell apart while trying to finish Noli Me Tángere. Reading the novel was slow going - to say the least. Now, I'm two books behind schedule.

Originally, I had planned on reading other Derbyshire translation of a Rizal novel - El Filibusterismo. Not now. I've downloaded the remaining works by Elizabeth von Arnim available at Project Gutenberg. Von Arnim is currently my favorite writer and reading these five books should allow me to get back on track.

No comments: