Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Refund.

Back in February, I contacted a lawyer to see if it would be possible to make modifications to my 1999 divorce agreement. He assured me that it was and outline a plan that would be to my benefit.
I won't go into great detail about what we were trying to do and I certainly won't mention his name.
As it turned out, I was completely dissatisfied with his lack of progress in this.I had paid him in advance and was expecting him to get on it right away.....but a month after receiving my check, he hadn't even written the first letter.
To make a long story short, I called his office (again) and talked to his secretary (again) last Wednesday ( March 26). I told her that I was not happy with her boss, he was a slacker and had not given me my money's worth. I told her I expected my money back.....no discussion. It was Wednesday and I told her if I did not receive a check from him by Tuesday (April 2) I'd call the Ga. Bar Association and file a complaint against him.
The check arrived at my P.O.Box Saturday (March 29). Needless to say, it was not for the full amount. He kept $100 for the little "work" he had done. Actually, I would not have been surprised had he kept $200.
With the refund, I decided to bite the bullet and by a new PC.I ordered it from Circuit city online.It's being shipped FedEx from their warehouse in Florida and is due to arrive today.I also ordered additional SDRAM to bump it up to the maximum 4GB this model can support.The memory is being shipped from California and is due to arrive Monday.
It's going to be so much nicer than the dinosaur I have now.

No comments: