Tuesday, July 22, 2014

I'd Pull Out My Hair, if I Wasn't Already Bald

I've been trying for hours to access my blog on the Internet using this poor excuse for a web server. I know, I know; you get what you pay for and I'm just piggy-backing on my sister-in-law's mobile account, but that's only because my wife and I can't agree on when to purchase cable TV and high speed Internet.

As I write this post, at 1:12 PM PHT, I finally have access, but of course, I'm typing this post on wordpad and there's no guarantee that I will still be online when I've finished writing.

There's an Internet cafe across the street and the connection speed is so much faster- it's like lightening speed compared to what I'm using now. Heck, I think this mobile wifi is worse than AOL dial-up ever was. The only problem with the Internet cafe is the transferring what I've written from this wordpad onto the blog page. I could type my posts at the cafe, but that would take time and would not be convenient; one never knows when the muse may be upon me.

So, for the time being, I will continue as I've been doing vis a vis this pathetic Internet connection. I'll grumble and complain and hope for the best.

From the looks of things, it'll be a couple of more weeks before my desk top pc arrives via balikbayan box. Assuming it hasn't been damaged, I'll be more than ready to get a reliable, fast Internet connection.

Post script. I was right. This really takes the proverbial cake. I can finally access my blog as a reader, but I can't log in.

Oh, wait. Now I can't even read my own #$#@*& blog.

My only option is to transfer this document to a flash drive and attempt to download in on to a pc at the Internet cafe.

Wish me luck. I'll need it.

No comments: