Saturday, July 28, 2018

Google Plus Photos

I've mentioned before on this blog that I have, on occasion, posted photos onto Google Maps. As it stands now, I've uploaded more than 1500 photos, which have garnered more than 4.5 million views. I haven't mentioned, on the other hand, that I've also uploaded photos to Google+, particularly to the Street Photographers community.

My latest upload to the Street Photographers community was the black and white photo (taken in Sibulan) shown on this post. I've noticed that - for whatever reason - black and white photos usually manage to receive more "1 ups" in this community, which is why I modified this photo from the original color photo.



At the time of this writing, the B/W photo has received 32 one ups.

After posting the B/W photo, I uploaded this color photo of a street in Dumaguete.



Posting the color photo brought this comment from one of the community's moderators:

Thanks for your post. Just a gentle reminder that per our guidelines we're looking for as strong a human element as possible. This seems the intent was more of a cityscape [sic] shot? You have some great people on the Street shots in your portfolio! Look forward to seeing more of those. Cheers.

When posting this photo, I made a point of posting one that did have people in the photo. Obviously, this particular moderator felt this was not enough. That's fine.

No comments: