Saturday, July 21, 2018

VW Beetle #51


Roaming around the city on foot, I came upon this VW Beetle at the corner of Predices and Luke Wright Street, catty-corner from New Jupiter Enterprises (which can be seen in the background of one of these photos.

At first, I thought this might be a convertible model, but after looking at photos of the VW Beetle convertible online, I've decided that this one isn't. I just can't explain those bars going across the top. Perhaps it's some sort of dune-buggy modification.

I don't believe this Beetle has been driven in quite awhile, so of course, it isn't among my previously photographed Beetles. Therefore, I'm calling this one number 51.

Due to the lighting, in some of these photos the Beetle appears to be an almost cream color. The actual color has a greenish tint, which is more apparent in photo #5.





No comments: