Wednesday, August 31, 2016

An Email Update



One week ago, I received an email from Google Maps letting me know that the photos I had posted onto Google Maps had received more than 5,000 views. As I've mentioned in a number of posts, this email encouraged me to post more photos taken in Dumaguete and Sibulan.

One week later, I received an email from Google Maps telling me that my photos had been viewed in excess of 10,000 times. 13,961 views, to be precise.

That was yesterday, and today, checking my stats on the site, the number of views for my photos have already risen to almost 17,000.

I'm not sure which amazes me more - an increase of 8,000 views in one week, or the 4,000 view increase in one day. Obviously, the 4,000 in one day is pretty good, but the increase in the total number of uploaded photos is partly responsible for the difference.

I think Google Maps does a good job of posting and giving credit for the images posted. However, as I pointed out in a post Monday, their procedures for adding new location listings leaves a lot to be desired. Some edits are published immediately while others must wait for lengthy review. I don't understand why some edits take longer for approval. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason behind which get approved quickly and which edits don't.

No comments: