Friday, August 26, 2016

Olivia, Peppa , and George



This morning, my wife and I went to the property in Magatas to take feed for the pigs. I'm not sure if they had been fed before we arrived, but they were crying for food as soon as we approached the front of the piggery.

The photos taken this morning as we fed them, show the growth of the pigs since we purchased the three on July 12. The pigs were born about six weeks (or so) when we bought them. That would put their DOB around May 31. So, the three are about 12 weeks old - give or take.

Only one side of the piggery is completely finished. It looks like we may need to start on completing the other half soon. The largest pig (Olivia) pushes and shoves the others (Peppa and George) when feeding and I think separating her will allow the smaller two to eat more and put on weight.

I'm not certain if I posted photos of the piggery after the nipa roof was finished. I took photos of the piggery today, so I'll go ahead and include those with the photos of Olivia, Peppa, and George...uh...pigging out.




No comments: