Saturday, December 31, 2016

A Bird Update

Nine days ago, when I first encountered the black bird in these photos, I made some guesses regarding this bird, which have, I believe, turned out to be incorrect.

Firstly, I did not know if this type of crow was native to Philippiness - according to one website, there is a large billed crow common to the Philippines.

I had assumed that, because was stationary in the earlier photos, it must be tied up in some way. I may have been wrong about that. On our morning walk today, my neighbor and I made a detour down the road where we had seen the crow nine days before. Today, it was perched across the path from its previous location. Where before, it was perched upon a bamboo rod; today, it was sitting upon the top of a parked pedicab.

I'm still assuming that the bird is someones pet, although its leg doesn't appear to be tied.


No comments: