Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Merry Christmas from Sibulan



December 13, and the Municipal Building in Sibulan is decorated with "poinsettia" and the manger is ready for the Nativity scene. That's a far cry from the government buildings in my former hometown in the U.S.. In small town America, many would be upset with the innocuous displaying of the artificial poinsettia, while a Nativity scene on a government building would bring about weeping and gnashing of teeth with cries for a separation of Church and State.

I'm not sure when the decorations were put on display here in Sibulan. I drive by the Municipal Building a number of times a day, but at speeds which preclude my noticing. This morning, I walked by the building during my daily walk and I took this photo en passant.

No comments: