Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Beetle Butt


As my regular readers are aware, for the past few months, I've been posting photos of Volkswagen Beetles that I happen upon while driving around the Dumaguete area. To date, I've taken a photo of about 17 different VW Beetles, in various conditions; some drivable - some not.

Obviously, it's much easier taking a photograph of a parked VW; shooting one while moving is possible, but difficult. If my camera is in my glove compartment when I see one approaching me, I won't even attempt a photo. Today, I had my camera on my lap when I saw one in the distance. Still, I had to turn on the camera, roll down the car window, aim the best I could while driving, and finally take a shot. I've had success with this method before with a blue Beetle passing the Shell station where I went this morning to have my oil changed. Today, while bringing my son home for lunch, I saw a Beetle heading my way, but this time, my shot wasn't so successful. As you can see, all I managed to photograph was a portion of the tail end.

Oh, well. They can't all be winners.

No comments: