Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Thank You, Maine.

I'm a big fan of Google Analytics. With it, I can glean a wide range of information about the folks that visit my blog. One example, in 2008, thanks to Analytics, I discovered that someone who I had considered a dear friend was harassing me online via comments left on this blog. Fortunately, most of the information gathered isn't as Earth shattering as that.

In an example of nice things I've learned from Google Analytics, I discovered that my biggest fan appears to be living in the U.S. state of Maine. Of course, I have absolutely no idea who this person (or persons?) is, or how he or she came upon my blog. All I know is that for the past five months or so, I've gotten a hit from someone in Maine nearly every day; 110 visits since August.

Analytics lists six cities in Maine making visits - Saint Albans, Hartland, Etna, Farmington, Orono, and Rumford - although I suspect this is just one individual rather than a group of folks. It's difficult enough imagining I have one fan who keeps up with my ramblings. I'm flattered, to say the least.

So, to my fan in Maine, thank you for taking time to visit my humble blog.

No comments: