Friday, October 26, 2018

Mango Shake at the Big Tree Hive.

Once a week I meet, for breakfast with a small group of Americans living in the Dumaguete area. Normally, we meet in a different cafe each week, but for the past few weeks we've gotten together at Senorita's Mexican Grill, located at the Dumaguete airport.

Arriving early yesterday, I thought I'd visit the cafe next door to Senorita's for a mango shake.

I must say, the shake I had there was superior. I would rate it as high as my favorite, the mango shake at Don Roberto's. At 65 pesos, the price is much better than the 90 pesos charged at the cafe next door.

Although the cafe has obviously been around for a long time, I couldn't find the name of the cafe posted anywhere. I even checked the menu and it wasn't to be found. I had to ask the waitress for the name of their establishment. She told me it was called Big Tree Hive.

This morning, just before writing this review, I went to my account on Google Maps (where I'm listed as a Local Guide) and added Big Tree Hive to the map.

The next time I'm at the Dumaguete airport and in the need for a mango shake, I'll know where to go.




No comments: