Sunday, October 14, 2018

Neva's Mango Shakes

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I had originally planned on posting a review of the mango shake I had at Neva's Pizza  until an unexpected trip to Don Roberto's Bar and Restaurant caused me to discard my original review and write a new one.

In my now discarded review, I wrote that the mango shakes at Neva's had replaced the shakes at Gabby's as the sine qua non of mango shakes. The shake I had at Neva's was excellent, but after going back to Don Roberto's, I can't honestly say that Neva's is number one.

It could be said that the shakes at Neva's and Don Roberto's are in a tie for first place, and some might even put one slightly above the other. The deciding factor for me is the difference is price.

At 80 pesos, the shake from Neva's costs 20 pesos more than the ones found at Don Robertos. Neva's shakes are 10 pesos higher than Gabby's - but, they might easily be worth the extra 10 pesos, but I'm sorry, there is no way Neva's could be worth 20 pesos more than the Don Roberto's mango shake.

Neva's pizzas aren't bad, and if I were there having a pizza, I might order their delicious mango shake - however, if I merely wanted a mango shake, I would much rather go to Don Roberto's.



No comments: