Tuesday, October 30, 2018

The Mango Shake from Gabby's - Brgy. Daro.

Yesterday morning, while watching what would become the final game of the 2018 World Series (go Boston) I received an email from a friend who currently lives in Davao - the writer of the now discontinued blog, Village Idiot Savant, and current writer of dom.cimafranca.com - letting me knew he would be in Dumaguete for a few days, asking if I'd like to meet for coffee later in the afternoon.

We met at the Gabby's in Brgy. Daro. I brought along my camera, knowing I would order a mango shake. I had been meaning to compare the shakes at this Gabby's to the mango shakes found at the Gabby's located on the 2nd floor of the Paseo Perdices building on Rizal blvd.

A photo of the mango shake I ordered is to the left.

But, wait, you might say, this looks like a blank photo. It is, never the less, an accurate photo of the mango shake I ordered. In other words, mango shakes are unavailable at the Gabby's in Daro.

Naturally, I have to give this eatery a failing grade. Zero stars.

I was so shocked that I was not able to get a mango shake, I failed to ask if this was a temporary thing due to lack of ingredients, or if mango shakes were not on the menu there.

Fortunately, this mango shake disaster did not ruin the visit I had with my friend. We had coffee and shared stories and agreed that we'd have to do it again soon.

No comments: