Tuesday, October 9, 2018

The Mango Shakes Found at Cubeiertos Restaurant

In yesterday's post, I wrote of a rusty, VW Beetle parked outside the Cubeiertos Restaurant and Grill in Sibulan. After seeing it there a few days earlier, I stopped by yesterday to add to my posts that contain photos of the VW Beetles I've come upon in the greater Dumaguete area.

While I was there, I took it upon myself to add to another series I've recently begun on this blog - reviewing the mango shakes served by local cafes and eateries.

After having a mango shake from the Gabby's Bistro located in the Paseo Perdices building on Rizal blvd in Dumaguete, I stated that the mango shakes found there were the sine qua non of mango shakes - the shake by which all others must be compared. So, let's compare Cubeiertos with Gabby's.

First, we have a difference in price. Gabby's mango shake cost me 75 php compared to the 70 php charged by Cubeiertos. The Gabby's where the first shake was purchased is located on the boulevard in Dumaguete which is known to have a good many tourists. Cubeiertos is located outside Sibulan. You'd expect the price difference to be more than 5 pesos.

Cubeiertos' mango shake was a little sweeter than Gabby's; either because sugar was added, or the mango used was naturally sweeter. That's fine with me. Unfortunately, the Cubeiertos mango shake wasn't as smooth and creamy. There was an icy texture and the shake wasn't nearly as thick.

If I were to give Gabby's mango shake 5 stars as the sine qua non , I'm forced to give the Cubeiertos shake a rating of 3 and 1/2 stars.

No comments: