Saturday, October 13, 2018

The (Almost) Forgotten Mango Shake

I had gone far too long between visits to Don Roberto's Bar and Restaurant for a mango shake. It had been so long, in fact that when a friend recently posted a photo of one of their shakes onto my Facebook page, I failed to immediately recognize the tables and chairs of the restaurant.

Upon seeing that photo, I put Don Roberto's to the front of the review queue.

One of the reasons for my having failed to visit Don Roberto's since I first started these mango shake reviews, was that the shakes there are so good, any other review following a review of Don Roberto's might be superfluous. That fear became realized, somewhat, when after visiting Don Roberto's on Friday, I found I had to postpone the review I had originally planned to post today in order to do a complete rewrite.

The mango shakes at Don Roberto's are a little sweeter than the ones from the Gabby's Bisro located on the 2nd floor of the Paseo Perdices building on Rizal blvd, and thick enough to satisfy even me.

To my tastes, Don Robertos have the edge over Gabby's and at 60 pesos, they are also 10 pesos cheaper.



No comments: