Wednesday, October 3, 2018

The Mango Shakes at Chantilly Cake Haus

One of the many things I enjoy about living in Dumaguete, Philippines is the widespread availability of mango shakes. You can't swing a dead cat without it pointing to a cafe that sells them.

I decided today that I would begin reviewing the mango shakes I find in our fair city. It's a difficult job, but somebody has to do it; it may has well be me.

While out this morning, meeting friends at the Chantilly Cake Haus in Daro, I ordered the mango shake to begin my reviews. The photo of their shake is shown at the beginning of this post.

The waitress let me know that their mango shakes were not made with fresh fruit, but with mango flavored ice cream. Of course, that wasn't going to prevent me from beginning my quest.

First off, the shakes at Chantilly Cake Haus are smaller than the shakes normally found in Dumaguete. Because this shake is made from flavored ice cream, and not fresh fruit, there is not a real mango flavor. To my taste buds, the prominent flavor is vanilla extract. I enjoyed the shake - but if you want one that tastes like mango, then try another cafe. As a drink, it was perfectly fine, but as a mango drink, it rates low on my list.

There are other items available there, and I don't want to give the place a bad review. I just won't order one of their shakes again.



No comments: