Friday, April 22, 2016

Michael Voris Makes Public Confession

In a shocking Vortex video, founder and President of St. Michael's Media and Senior Executive Producer of ChurchMilitant.com, Michael Voris announced that he has "....... on very good authority from various sources that the New York archdiocese is collecting and preparing to quietly filter out details of my past life with the aim of publicly discrediting me, this apostolate and the work here."

Being a fan of Voris and his apostolate, I was aware that, prior to his reversion to the Catholic Church, Voris had led an extremely sinful life. I did not know the nature of his sins, but knew how his mother had prayed for Michael to change and return to the faith of his youth.

In this video, Voris gives details as to the nature of his past sins. He admits, "Whatever the matter, I will now reveal that for most of my years in my thirties, confused about my own sexuality, I lived a life of live-in relationships with homosexual men. From the outside, I lived the lifestyle and contributed to scandal in addition to the sexual sins. On the inside, I was deeply conflicted about all of it. In a large portion of my twenties, I also had frequent sexual liaisons with both adult men and adult women."

Voris appears to be truly sorry for his past sins. No doubt, Voris has confessed his sins and been given absolution long before I ever heard of him or ChurchMilitant. I have no doubt that God has forgiven Voris for his confessed sins and it is not my place to pass further judgement on him.

There have been times when I thought the Vortex had been too extreme. Sometimes he hit the mark and other times he missed it completely. On the whole, however, I believe Voris and ChurchMilitant.com has been a blessing to us. I hope Voris is able to continue his work.

No comments: